We’re excited to share with you today an excerpt from the poetry collection the bodies that never fit us well by the Romanian poet and editor Daniel D. Marin, translated by Liana Andreasen. These poems introduce the reader to the mysterious Mr. R and other misfit characters who populate an imaginary world of the “bodies […]
We started NTM in 2013 with little more than our enthusiasm for poetry and the art of translation. Since then, NTM has grown into a movement with an international audience that includes students, academic institutions, and 6,000+ followers on Twitter and Facebook.
You can also be a part of this grassroots movement to spread the joy of translation. Here’s how:
- Feature our badge (below) on your site and link to us on your web site or blog. In return, we will feature your link on our Friends of NTM web page.
- Publish with us. Submit your translations of poems, essays, or news about your own translation projects or books. If you’re a teacher in a translation program, or the editor of a magazine or journal with a focus on translations, we’d like to hear from you as well. CONTACT us now.
- Organize an NTM reading of works in translation during the month of September. Submit your event, and we’ll spread the word.
- Like us on Facebook and Twitter and we will return the favor by liking, linking and following back.
- Use our guide for ideas celebrating NTM called 30 Ways to Celebrate National Translation Month.
For more information, read our FAQs.
We’d love to welcome you to our NTM community. Please let us know of any other suggestions, ideas, or proposals you might have. And remember, in September and beyond: read, write, and share your favorite translated poems.
Claudia Serea, Editor, NTM
Loren Kleinman, Editor, NTM
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):