Submissions are now open for National Translation Month (NTM) 2018. We are interested in publishing quality translations of poetry and prose, essays about the craft of translation, interviews, and book reviews. Please don’t submit content that is explicitly violent, offensive, religious, or inspirational.
If you’d like to submit a piece for consideration, you can submit to firstname.lastname@example.org with the original text. Be sure to follow the submission guidelines below. If you do not follow these guidelines we will be unable to review your work.
Please follow these guidelines for submission:
- Attach submissions as a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or PDF document to the email.
- Include your name, phone number and email address as a cover page to your submission.
- Please allow four to six weeks for a response. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis.
Your submission must include the following:
- The original work and the translation.
- A statement granting us permission to publish both the original work and the translation online, as well as declaring that you are in a position to grant us such rights (i.e., that you have the author’s permission—or the translator’s, if you are the author—and his/her publisher’s, if required).
- Biographical notes, written in the third person, for both author and translator(s).
Optional, but highly encouraged:
- A short write-up providing context and discussing the challenges of this particular translation; fewer than 300 words.
Thank you for considering NTM.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.